Mostar and Herzegovina Tour from Split and Trogir
Start your day early; get picked up at your hotel or meet the group at the centrally located meeting point in Split or Trogir. A scenic route across the border takes you through some picturesque villages of the rural Bosnia and Herzegovina as you approach the fantastic little city – Počitelj. This small medieval town was built on a rocky cliff on Neretva River and it gives a great overview of the Ottoman Empire and the effect of the eastern culture on the small town in this zone. Počitelj is a mixture of Oriental and Mediterranean construction styles what gives this town a special dimension. Počitelj is mentioned for the first time in writing in 1444 as the seat of the parish. The art colony which contains approximately 2 000 artworks, is continuously exhibited at the gallery. The most impressive building is Hadji-Alijina mosque dating back to the first half of the 16th century, which dominates the town. After the short sightseeing taste the real Turkish coffee prepared by the original recipe. Later on, enjoy a short ride to Mostar – a city from the past, the point of connection between the western world and the exotic eastern culture. Explore the city with a local guide and listen about all the hypnotizing historical anecdotes. You’ll find yourself bedazzled at the sight of the famous Stari Most (Old Bridge) – a majestic stone arch above the Neretva River, connecting two medieval towers, giving the city a widely recognizable visual identity. Here you can testify at one of a kind spectacle performed specially for the visitors of the city – young locals showing off in their daredevil stunts; throwing themselves off the twenty meters high Old Bridge into the icy water of the Neretva River. Mind you, not anyone can perform these acrobatic tricks! There’s a special crash course that you would need to pay and attend before anyone lets you jump into the river from that height. So just relax and enjoy while professionals do it the best way they can! Cross over the bridge to check out the Ottoman quarter which has been attractively restored after the war in the nineties. Check out the old Bazar, the Mosque and then, after the walking tour, enjoy exploring the city on your own. This city will inspire you with its oriental structured streets and buildings, friendly people, good tasty food and a very distinctive coffee culture which might remind you of Turkey. So make the most of your free time here in Mostar to sit back and relax on one of the terraces, try out traditional food or explore the immense line of souvenir shops to bring back home some unique oriental-looking-like souvenirs. The ride back to Split leads you through the rocky landscapes of Herzegovina to the amazing natural wonder known as Kravica Waterfall where you can enjoy the amazing landscapes, and perhaps even jump into the refreshing waters of the river to cool down. Kravica waterfalls are one of the most beautiful natural sites in the Herzegovinian region of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The entire area is full of greenery with chaste trees, poplars and figs all around. This is a perfect spot where you can enjoy in untouched nature which is even protected by the government. After arriving in Split or Trogir you will be dropped off at the same place where you were picked up in the morning.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
* Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
* Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle (highway)
* English speaking guide/driver
* Walking tour with a local guide in Mostar
A foreigner who meets conditions for entry to BiH prescribed by Law on Aliens, may enter BiH if he/she at the BiH Border Crossing Points presents any of the following:
negative PCR test or rapid antigen test on SARS-CoV-2, not older than 48 hours if he/she comes from an European country, and if he/she comes from another country, not older than 72 hours until arrival at the border crossing point ofBosnia and Herzegovina,
certificate that a person has received the second dose of vaccine for COVID-19 before more than 14 days before the arrival to a Border Crossing Point of BiH or has received one dose before 14 days and more before the arrival to a Border Crossing Point of BiH, if it is a single dose vaccine,
certificate issued by doctor showing that he/she has recovered from COVID-19 in the previous period from 14 to 180 days until the arrival to a Border Crossing Point of BiH.
* Valid passport required on the travel day
* We recommend wearing sportswear and comfortable walking shoes
* Don't forget your swimsuit if you plan on swimming in Kravica
* Check the temperature in Mostar before the tour and dress accordingly
* Don’t forget your camera!
* From 11.06.2021. - Foreigners are allowed to enter Bosnia and Herzegovina if they present a negative PCR test or rapid antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 virus at the border crossing, not older than 48 hours if they come from European countries, and if they come from other countries, tests that are not older than 72 hours until arrival at the BiH border crossing. Also, the entry of foreigners into BiH was approved with the presented confirmation that vaccination with two doses of vaccine against COVID-19 was completed at least 14 days before arrival at the border crossing, that the person was vaccinated with one dose 14 days or more before arrival at the border crossing, if it is a single dose vaccine. A foreigner is also allowed to enter BiH with a doctor's certificate that he has overcome the COVID-19 disease in the period from 14 to 180 days, before arriving at the BiH border crossing.